You can never be too careful with certain things in Searsmont ME. Guns are one of those things. If you aren’t careful enough with guns you own and with guns you’re using, accidents can happen, and they can result in serious injuries, or even death. What can you do to prevent such horrible accidents? Here are the top 10 safety tips for preventing gun accidents in Searsmont ME.
10. Wear eye and ear protection when you can. If someone breaks into your house and threatens you or your family, it is understandable that you might not take the time to find and put on eye protection and ear protection, but when firing at a shooting range, there is no reason not to have this extra protection.
9. Only use the ammunition that your gun is designed to use. Using the wrong ammunition can cause the gun to become inoperable, or worse. Guns are designed with certain ammunition types in mind, and disregarding that could cause the gun to fire in unexpected ways.
8. Be sure that the gun you are using is in proper working order. A gun that fires when it shouldn’t, doesn’t fire when it should, or even simply jams on occasion can be useless to you when you need it and dangerous to you and others when you are using it even for recreational purposes (a shooting range in Searsmont ME, for example).
7. When storing your gun, be sure to unload it. It is scary for any adult when their child or a friend’s child finds and picks up a loaded gun, especially if the child doesn’t understand what the gun is or how to use it safely.
6. Pay attention to your surroundings, not just your target. Accidentally hitting something or someone that you didn’t mean to is not a fun experience.
5. Keep the gun out of reach of children, preferably locked away. No one wants their child to accidentally use a gun on something or, even worse, somebody.
4. Store the ammo in a different location then the gun, also locked away, and also out of reach of children. A gun is much less dangerous without ammo.
3. Avoid alcohol, drugs, and even over-the-counter medicine when firing a gun. The repurcussions of a misfired weapon are simply too monumental to risk firing a gun under the influence of any kind of drug.
2. Teach your child gun safety. If your child understands how to safely use a gun, or at the very least, what to do if they find a gun, then they are far less likely to accidentally injure themselves or others in Searsmont ME.
1. Don’t hold your finger over the trigger until you are ready to fire. Very little is more devastating to a gun owner than accidentally injuring or killing someone because they fired when they didn’t mean to.
Following these tips could prevent an injury or an accidental death. Don’t let an accident ruin the enjoyable experience of owning and operating a gun in a safe manner.bigdawg